Did you ever hear that expression “I feel like a million bucks”? There’s truth to that expression. What I’m going to share with you will sound so basic but it’s one of the hardest traits for most people to have and to keep.
Having confidence is the must-have mindset trait of every successful entrepreneur. Success is 95% due to your mindset. Without having a confident ‘inner game”, you and your business are sunk. You’ll never have the growth that you want.
If you use the Law of Magnetism in your life, you’ll know that you attract back like energy. So, if you’re feeling scared, unsure, desperate…those are the type of clients/customers/ experiences you’ll draw back into your business. You’ll attract those people who “can’t afford you“.
Think about an event you went to recently. Did you notice how everyone seemed attracted to certain people? It was their energy and their confidence. People like to be around that. Confident people draw other people to them. Everyone wants what they have. On the other hand, desperation and negativity repels people.
If you’d like to boost your confidence level for a more successful business, here’s how to do that. I could give you hundreds of suggestions, but will start with a few easy tips:
1) Dress the part. I don’t mean you need to go out and buy expensive clothes. What I’m referring to is how you dress while you’re working. Many entrepreneurs feel that one of the big perks of working out of their home is they can work in a t-shirt and sweats. Men often don’t shave and will wear a t-shirt and sweats, while women will often pull their hair back and not wear make up.
The problem is that when you look in the mirror at yourself like that, it doesn’t do much to boost your confidence. You actually look kind of “grubby”. You look like someone who should disappear into the background. Haven’t you noticed that when you take the time to dress nicely and put some time into your appearance, you feel better about yourself. That feeling will translate into more confidence when you talk to others.
2) Sit up straight. When you’re talking to (prospective)clients or business associates on the phone, you want to sound confident. Don’t slouch! A trick I used to use when I worked in the corporate world, was to have a mirror on the wall near my desk. That mirror reminded me to smile when I talked to others on the phone. As a result, my positive energy came through over the phone and resulted in better connections with the people I was speaking with.
3) Set up a special mailbox in your inbox. Mine is called “Good News”. This is where I put all of the really nice emails I receive. Whenever I’ve having a bit of a down day, reading over these emails is a really fast way to raise my confidence and put a smile back on my face.
4) Do something good (special) for yourself. The action of making yourself a priority, always raises your confidence level. This could be taking time to go for a walk, go to the gym, get a manicure, ready a book. Anything that you enjoy.
5) Shift your mindset. Get rid of the negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. The fastest and most powerful way I know to do that is through the “tapping” technique, which I am an expert in. Either find a technique you like and use it on yourself, or for better results, work with an expert.
Maintaining a high confidence level can a lot of work in the beginning (and even later on). But, as you strengthen your confidence muscle it gets easier and easier to maintain. Without it, the fear, doubt, anxiety and stress will take over. When that happens, your business takes a downward turn.
Everyone I’ve ever met, has gone through times when their confidence has taken a “hit”. Check out this brand new video series to strengthen your confidence muscle:
Kate Beeders, Mindset & Marketing Expert
….Specializing in helping Entrepreneurs Permanently & Quickly Get Unstuck, Get Moving & Get the Cash Flowing!!!Get Unstuck, Get Moving & Get the Cash Flowing!!!